Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thank God for Spring!!

Hallelujah, spring is here! Suddenly everyone is coming out of their cocoons. If I didn't have so many things and people to remind me, I could almost forget that this winter was one of the most abominable periods of my life. And everyone else - people I barely even know - keep saying "that was a LONG winter!" even though it wasn't even that long - a few years ago (or was it last year) the winter went on until April!

Anyway, things are looking up. We still have no idea where we'll live or what we'll do with ourselves, but at least the kids are playing outside for long stretches of the day, and the sky is blue and the birds are singing and there are actually other children PLAYING on our block!!!

Please everyone hold me to this: I *must* find a way to travel for at *least* 2 months of next winter, especially if I am still in Southwestern Wisconsin! Don't let me forget!!!

4 comments:

  1. If you farm or do maple syruping you can travel at least during the early part of winter!! Don't forget to check out that book I told you about for inspiration and how-to! :-)

    epm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell us ALL the name of it again??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Good Life by Helen and Scott Nearing.

    They made a point of setting up their life so they only had to work part-time so they could use the other 1/2 time for other "avocations" like reading and writing, etc. Awesome, right? :-)

    epm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I meant "LIVING the Good Life" by Helen & Scott Nearing!

    ReplyDelete