Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Taking Matters into my own Hands

Well, it seems that wherever I go, there is not what I want, and so I have to make it.

Since we just moved to a small town, there are many things that seem to me sorely lacking here. More on that later. But for now, I've decided that I have to incorporate into my schedule a free art class for some local unschoolers. I am going to do this on Tuesdays because Tuesdays are the middle day when my husband is gone, and they are also the days when for some reason, maybe because the Homeschool Co-op we decided *again* not to rejoin meets that day.

So, I've decided anyone who wants to can come to my multi-age class in our cramped kitchen. Or maybe in the basement? I'm going to do paper-mache, collage, decoupage, sock puppets. . . and . . . haven't thought of the other one yet.

Oh, and by the way, I'm hardly following that schedule at all! But it's nice to know I can. So far, I do fill the dishwasher every night and empty it every morning (previously I was anti-dishwasher). And I did tell the kids they're going outside today at 9:30! And they agreed. I'll be posting later about how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed reading your schedule ideas-I have just attempted another schedule where there are quadrants of time to get various things done (Dr. appts, errands, school projects, library, outdoor adventures) It will be a bit of a transition for us though but a bit of structure helps our family out a lot. I completely agree with your idea about getting everyone outside in the morning. Really like the realness of your blog! Where in WI did you end up?

    ReplyDelete