Saturday, February 7, 2009

One thing leads to another

So, Ezra is obsessed with rockets. I just want to record what all this has led into so far (that I can think of)

-thousands of rocket and launchpad drawings, mostly on his Doodle Pro, but also with markers and occasionally paints

-organizing his very own Rocket Party all by himself (I was not invited, but I heard it was very well-executed!)

-interest in Russia, Japan, and India because of their space programs.

-learning the numbers 1-10 in Russian, plus some Russian letters and a few other vocabulary words.

-interest in math "because he needs it to become an aerospace engineer."

-lots of computer know-how (he has taught me quite a few things!) because of figuring out how to look at and save youtube videos of launches and photographs of space shuttles.

-some geography, of the states and countries relevant to rocket launching.

-astronomy, of course.

-physics, like friction, gravity, speed, etc..

-interest in John F. Kennedy's speech about going to the moon.

-memorization of many songs about rockets, including my favorite, "Zoom Rocket" but also "Afternoon Delight" and "On Eagle's Wings" which is played during a Youtube tribute to the Space Shuttle Challenger astronauts who died in the explosion.

Well, that's what I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there is so much more. . . in which case maybe I'll add it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment