Friday, November 28, 2008

Speaking of Socializing. . .

Actually, I forgot to mention that if there is one thing I think we might be getting too much of, it's socializing! Because we live in a loft, and because Ottar likes to do so many *mischievous* things in the apartment, we go out every day. Some days we just run errands or something, but almost every day we meet other people to hang out with, or we at least go to a park where the kids play with other little kids they don't know, or they spend time with relatives. Even when we are at home, Ezra spends a minimum of an hour a day on the telephone (usually with his grandma, "Bubbie".)

Sometimes I feel like I'm going to go crazy with all the socializing, so the lack of it certainly isn't a concern of mine.

Oh! And of course we belong to 1.5 homeschooling/unschooling groups right now, and in the past we have been involved in various other organizations as well (Attachment Parenting International and La Leche League, off the top of my head).

Once a pediatrician told me - after Ezra happily chatted away with her, the nurse, and the office staff - that he would need to go to preschool "to learn to socialize." That was just about one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment